Everyone can do Kegel exercises at home to train the muscles of your pelvic floor. Kegel exercises can help women experience more feeling during sex and thus reach an orgasm more easily. There are special pelvic physiotherapists for women who experience complaints related to the pelvic floor muscles.
With pelvic physiotherapy you learn to consciously use the muscles of your pelvic floor. You cannot see your pelvic floor muscles yourself, which can make it difficult to use and exercise them properly. There are several exercises to train your pelvic floor muscles. The type of exercise depends on any complaints you have. You learn to use your pelvic floor muscles in a different or new way. A recognized pelvic physiotherapist can help you with this.
Pelvic physiotherapy can, for example, be useful for:
- Problems with sexuality due to too high muscle tension or too low muscle tension in the pelvic floor
- Awareness, relaxation and training of the pelvic floor muscles during pregnancy and after childbirth
- Involuntary loss of urine
- Prolapse of the bladder, uterus or intestines
- Pain in the lower abdomen or around the genitals
Intimitijd works together with a number of recognized pelvic physiotherapists and supplies them with the various tools that can be used in a treatment.